Wednesday, April 04, 2007

In Sping, A Young Man's Fancy Turns To Love

I guess spring has sprung.

Our almost 10 year-old is headed to school to profess his love to his classmate, Kiera.

On the ride to school, he was nervous as can be. I quizzed him like a driver in Taxi Cab Confessions...me looking in the rearview mirror while asking just the right thing to keep him talking and divulging all his deepest secrets.

He told me he had some competition. His classmate, Gabe, likes Kiera too. Our son wins hands down over Gabe.

Gabe wore a bow tie in his third grade class picture for cryin' out loud.

I can't wait until 2:30 p.m. to find out what happened.

6 comments:

Mel said...

I remember when Really Rosie would willingly confide to me who her latest 'crush' was... now I have to outwait her until she bursts and spills the beans.
I hope he gets the girl! And thanks for coming by my site the other day. :)

Bobby The C said...

I am ready to puke waiting....

The Big Finn said...

I am trembling with anticipation!

OhTheJoys said...

Do tell!

Kim said...

Enough already.....

we are dying here! How did it go??????

The Sour Kraut said...

I suppose I could make up a juicy story to keep this interesting but, no, I'll tell you truthfully what happened...or didn't happen as the case may be.

He came out of school with a grin from ear-to-ear. I told son #2 that by the look on son #1's face, things must have gone well.

He had barely climbed in the car by the time I was asking, "Well, how did it go?"

"I chickened out. I was so nervous, I said her name Kierva." he replied.

This morning on our way to school, I asked him if he planned to tell her today.

"No", he said. "When I'm in sixth grade and she is once again in my class as a fifth grader, I'll ask Mike to tell her."

Okay, first of all, he must have forgotten that he is changing schools next year and will never again be in the same class as Kiera.

Second of all, sixth grade being two years away, he'll have dozens of crushes by then and will be all like "Kiera who?"